The daily opinion. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1867-1868
Place of Publication:
- Atlanta, Fulton county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1867; ceased in 1868.
- Atlanta (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Fulton County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Fulton County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01211153
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 161 (Aug. 29, 1867).
The daily opinion. August 29, 1867
In 1867, W.L. Scruggs and J.B. Dumble established the Daily Opinion and Georgia Weekly Opinion, papers that supported the Republican Party and radical reconstruction in the South. It ceased publication the following year. Carey Wentworth Styles purchased the Daily Opinion in 1868 and renamed it the Constitution.