Digital Library of Georgia Logo
GALILEO Logo

The Dublin post. (Dublin, Ga.) 1878-1894

 

Title:

The Dublin post.

Place of Publication:

Dublin, Ga.

Geographic coverage:

  • Dublin, Laurens county

Publisher:

R.L. Hicks [1878-1894]

Dates of publication:

1878-1894

Description:

  • Ceased in 1894?
  • Vol. 1, no. 1 (June 20, 1878)-

Frequency:

Weekly

Languages:

  • English

Subjects:

  • Dublin (Ga.)--Newspapers.
  • Georgia--Dublin.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01217559
  • Georgia--Laurens County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01217557
  • Laurens County (Ga.)--Newspapers.

Notes:

  • Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
  • Merged with: New era, to form: Dublin courier.

LCCN:

sn90052270

OCLC:

21947465

The Dublin post. June 20, 1878

About

The city of Dublin incorporated on December 9th, 1812, but the town's newspaper history does not begin until 1878. That year, J. W. Peacock and Company established the Dublin Post with R. L. Hicks and J. A. Peacock working as editors. The Dublin Post was published for a short time before merging with the New Era in 1887 to become the Dublin Courier.