Darien gazette. (Darien, Ga.) 1818-1828
Place of Publication:
- Darien, McIntosh county
Dates of publication:
- Began with Oct. 26, 1818 issue; ceased in 1828?
- Darien (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--McIntosh County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01217693
- McIntosh County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Brigham, C.S. Amer. newspapers,
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 2 (Nov. 2, 1918).
- Publishers: M'Intyre & Millen, <1819>; John Millen & Co., <1820>; Millen & Maxwell, <1822>; John Millen, <1822>; Charles F. Grandison, <1824>-1828.
- Shaw & Shoemaker
Darien gazette. November 2, 1818
Co-editors McIntyre and Millen founded the Darien Gazette in 1818 as Darien’s first weekly newspaper. The publication featured regular columns devoted to local events, state political activity, and regular shipping news. McIntyre sold his interest to John Millen, who incorporated the paper and maintained management until the early 1820s. Charles F. Grandison owned and edited the Darien Gazette from 1824 until its closure in 1828.