Southern centinel, and gazette of the state. (Augusta [Ga.]) 1793-1???
Southern centinel, and gazette of the state.
Place of Publication:
- Augusta, Richmond county
Printed by Alexander M'Millan
Dates of publication:
- Vol. 1, no. 27 (Dec. 5, 1793)-
- Augusta (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Richmond County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01215116
- Richmond County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
Southern centinel, and gazette of the state. April 23, 1795
The earliest 1793 issues of the Southern Centinel, and Gazette of the State’s were circulated under the masthead Southern Centinel, and Universal Gazette, but changed to its permanent title later that year. The paper was printed in Augusta, and for a subscription cost of four dollars per year, one could receive the Southern Centinel, and Gazette of the State on a weekly basis until the paper ceased publication in the early 19th century. Directly below the masthead, the owner and editor’s name, Alexander M’Millan is listed with the title
Printer to the State.