The graphic. (LaGrange, Troup County, Ga.) 188?-190?
Place of Publication:
LaGrange, Troup County, Ga.
- LaGrange, Troup county
Dates of publication:
- Georgia--Troup County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01215298
- LaGrange (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Troup County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Dec. 3, 1895 issue.
The graphic. April 11, 1899
W. W. Randall began publishing the Graphic in LaGrange, Georgia in January 1888. The eight-page paper circulated weekly and aligned politically with the Democratic Party. Mary Louise Huntley, who had previously written for the New York Tribune and Atlanta Journal, briefly took over as editor of the Graphic in 1900. Her editorial duties were groundbreaking in the early nineteenth century. The LaGrange Graphic merged with the Shuttle in the late 1920s to form the Graphic-Shuttle and with the LaGrange Reporter in the early 1930s to form the LaGrange Daily News, which continues publication today as the Troup County paper of record.