The Montgomery monitor. (Mt. Vernon, Montgomery County, Ga.) 1886-current
Place of Publication:
- Mt. Vernon, Montgomery county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1886.
- Georgia--Montgomery County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01207496
- Georgia--Mount Vernon (Montgomery County)--fast--(OCoLC)fst01313363
- Montgomery County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Mount Vernon (Montgomery County, Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 4 (Apr. 1, 1886).
The Montgomery monitor. April 1, 1886
On June 18th, 1908, the Montgomery Monitor reports the founding of the Toombs County Local in Vidalia, Georgia. Editor P.A. McQueen and manager R. Don McQueen produced the Democratic paper together until P. A. McQueen’s death in 1911. McQueen took over as editor and, along with the McQueen and Dunham Publishing Company, maintained the Toombs County Local until the popularity of the Vidalia Advance forced the closure of the publication in 1914.