The Vidalia advance. (Vidalia, Ga.) 19??-1977
Place of Publication:
- Vidalia, Toombs county
Dates of publication:
- -v. 75, no. 21 (May 19, 1977).
- Georgia--Toombs County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01212297
- Toombs County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Vidalia (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
The Vidalia advance. April 15, 1904
Founded in 1901, the Vidalia Advance was a Democratic, eight page, publication delivered every Tuesday. The first editors, J. H. Breedlove and J. A. Mobley, set the subscription cost at one dollar per year and reported on the weekly activities of the community. In 1915, A. B. Cargile, editor and publisher at the time, oversaw the Advance becoming Vidalia's sole newspaper with a circulation of over 800. The paper merged with the Lyons Progress in 1991 and was renamed the Advance-Progress. That same year, the publication became Toombs County's legal organ and the Advance continues to serve Toombs, Montgomery, and Lyons counties today.