The Rockdale record. (Conyers, Ga.) 1928-1930
Place of Publication:
- Conyers, Rockdale county
Dates of publication:
- -v. 2, no. 49 (Jan. 3, 1930).
- Began in 1928.
- Georgia--Rockdale County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01216867
- Rockdale County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 2, no. 1 (Jan. 23, 1929).
- Merged with: Conyers times, to form: Conyers times and Rockdale record.
The Rockdale record. January 23, 1929
W. E. Atkinson published the first issue of the Rockdale Record in 1928 in Conyers, Georgia. The weekly newspaper circulated for two years before it merged with the Conyers Times to form the Conyers Times and Rockdale Record. As an independent paper, the Record was not Rockdale County’s paper of record, but it took on that role after the merger. The combined paper was absorbed by the Conyers News in the 1950s and eventually became the Rockdale Citizen, which continues to publish today as Rockdale County’s legal organ.