The Wire-grass reporter. (Thomasville, Ga.) 1857-????
Place of Publication:
- Thomasville, Thomas county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1857.
- Georgia--Thomas County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01206849
- Thomas County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Thomasville (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 4 (Oct. 6, 1857).
The Wire-grass reporter. October 6, 1857
The Wire-Grass Reporter became Thomasville’s second newspaper on September 15, 1857, filling a gap left behind by the Georgia Watchman. Judge Peter E. Love and William H. Hall were the newspaper’s first owners and editors with Hall eventually replaced by William Kline. For its brief existence, the Democratic publication was a fierce rival to the Southern Enterprise. Kline left the paper to work for the Enterprise, and the Wire-Grass Reporter ceased publication before the Civil War.