The Georgia grange. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1873-1882
Place of Publication:
- Atlanta, Fulton county
Dates of publication:
- Began with vol. 1, no. 1 (Nov. 1, 1873).
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 24 (Oct. 1874).
The Georgia grange. October 1, 1874
The Georgia Grange was founded by the Georgia Grange Publishing Company in 1874 in Atlanta, Georgia. The paper was a four-page, weekly agricultural and literary newspaper that circulated every Saturday. By 1878, the Grange merged with the Southern Planter to form the Southern Planter and Grange. These merged papers were organized under the Southern Planter and Grange Company which appointed John J. White and Frank Gordon as editors. Prior to the merger, the Grange labeled itself as the official journal for farmers and merchants and reported a circulation of over 4,000. Like most agricultural journals in Georgia, the Southern Planter and Grange was eventually absorbed by the Southern Cultivator in the early 1880s.