The West Point observer. (West Point, Ga.) 1866-18??
Place of Publication:
- West Point, Troup county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1866?
- Georgia--Harris County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01204841
- Georgia--Troup County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01215298
- Georgia--West Point.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01206355
- Harris County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Troup County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- West Point (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 22 (Mar. 22, 1867).
The West Point observer. March 22, 1867
A. D. Starnes published the first issue of the West Point Observer in the last week of October 1866 in West Point, Georgia. The paper politically aligned with the Democratic Party and printed weekly at a cost of three dollars per year. After nearly three years of circulation, A. D. Starnes ceased publication of the Observer in September 1869. Starnes sold his printing materials to Sharpe & Longley who used those resources to produce the West Point Shield in 1870.