The Walton journal. (Social Circle, Ga.) 1869-187?
Place of Publication:
- Social Circle, Walton county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1869.
- Georgia--Social Circle.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01217963
- Georgia--Walton County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01213895
- Social Circle (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Walton County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 21 (Mar. 26, 1870).
The Walton journal. March 26, 1870
W. A. Harp published the first issue of the Walton Journal in 1869 in Social Circle, Georgia. Harp was also editor and proprietor of the Covington Examiner, which shared office space with the Walton Journal. Harp’s papers were part of a co-operative venture in which each owner managed their own paper, but advertisements were shared amongst the publications. The Journal circulated every Saturday at a subscription cost of two dollars, and Harp used his paper to support the Democratic Party. In November 1872, Harp suspended operations and never resumed printing the Journal.