Savannah weekly news. (Savannah) 1894-1920
Place of Publication:
- Savannah, Chatham county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1894; ceased in 1920.
- Chatham County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Chatham County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01207617
- Savannah (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Description based on print version record.
- Latest issue consulted: Reproduction of original print version of vol. 62, no. 2418 (May 9, 1912).
- Some irregularities in enumeration and chronology.
Savannah weekly news. June 14, 1894
The Morning News Publishing Company established the Savannah Weekly News as the semi-weekly edition of their flagship paper, the Savannah Morning News. The eight-page Weekly News circulated every Monday and Thursday at a cost of $1.25, and, like the Morning News, politically supported the Democratic Party. The paper’s editor-in-chief was J. H. Estill, who also oversaw the editing of the Morning News. The Weekly News circulated until 1920 when the Morning News Publishing Company dropped semi-weekly publication in favor of maintaining just a daily and Sunday edition.