The Norcross advance. (Norcross, Ga.) 18??-????
Place of Publication:
- Norcross, Gwinnett county
Dates of publication:
- Norcross (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Description based on: Reproduction of original print version of vol. 1, no. 27 (January 7, 1873); title from masthead.
- Latest issue consulted: Reproduction of original print version of [new series], vol. 1, no. 26 (December 31, 1873).
- No issue published for December 24, 1873?
- Numbering appears to begin again in 1873, although it is unclear precisely when.
The Norcross advance. July 11, 1873
James A. Hollifield, formerly of the West Point News, established the Norcross Advance in Gwinnett County in 1873. James Simmons and Professor James Vincent edited the four page weekly newspaper. The publication circulated on Wednesdays and claimed political independence. By the following month, Simmons and Vincent took over publishing duties from Hollifield. After Simmons retired in December 1973, J. I. Morris began co-publishing the Advance with Vincent. The Norcross Advance was out of publication by 1876.