The Campus mirror. (Atlanta, Georgia) 1924-19??
Place of Publication:
- Atlanta, Fulton county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1924?
- African American universities and colleges--Georgia--Periodicals.
- Atlanta (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Fulton County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Fulton County.
- Universities and colleges--Georgia--Periodicals.
- "Published by Students of Spelman College, Atlanta, Georgia during the college year."
- Vol. 1, no. 5 (February, 1925); title from PDF caption (issue received via e-mail and viewed May 22, 2018).
- Vol. 27, no. 2 (January/February, 1950) (viewed May 22, 2018).
The Campus mirror. February 1, 1925
First published in October 1924, The Campus Mirror was a monthly newspaper managed and edited by the students of Spelman College. The paper featured editorials, campus news, events, speeches, local advertisements, and photographs of classes and organizations. In addition to its news coverage, literary works by students and advice for interviews or studying could be found in the Mirror's pages. A special commencement issue was published at the end of each academic year. These issues included photographs and covered the graduating and incoming classes. The newspaper's final issue circulated in May 1950 after 26 years of covering campus life.