Digital Library of Georgia Logo
GALILEO Logo

The Wolverine observer. (Atlanta, Georgia) 1936-2001

 

Title:

The Wolverine observer.

Place of Publication:

Atlanta, Georgia

Geographic coverage:

  • Atlanta, Fulton county

Publisher:

None

Dates of publication:

1936-2001

Description:

  • Began with: Vol. 4, number 6 (November, 1936); ceased with: Vol. 63, no. 2 (December 2000/January 2001).

Frequency:

Monthly

Languages:

  • English

Subjects:

  • African American college students--Georgia--Atlanta--Periodicals.
  • Atlanta (Ga.)--Newspapers.
  • College students' writings, American--Georgia--Atlanta--Periodicals.
  • Fulton County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
  • Georgia--Atlanta.
  • Georgia--Fulton County.

Notes:

  • Appears to continue: Tattler (Atlanta, Ga.)
  • Description based on: Vol. 4, number 6 (November, 1936); title from PDF caption (issue received via email and viewed September 18, 2018).
  • In 1971 or 1972, volume numbering reverts to an earlier number, but it is unclear whether the numbering truly began over with volume 1 at this time. Issue for September 1983 called vol. 1, and issue for August/September 1984 called vol. 1, no. 1, but neither instance appears to constitute a true, sustained beginning over of the numbering, since an earlier numbering scheme appears to resume with <vol. 53, no. 3 (December 14, 1984)>
  • Latest issue consulted: Vol. 63, no. 2 (December 2000/January 2001) (viewed September 24, 2018).
  • Numerous irregularities in numbering. Some issues may lack numbering altogether.
  • Some issues also bear themed titles such as Post Homecoming issue, Special Graduation issue, et cetera.
  • Subtitle varies.

LCCN:

sn54110460

OCLC:

9915667318902931

The Wolverine observer. November 1, 1936

About

Originally called the Tattler, the Wolverine Observer was a student-run publication serving Morris Brown College and its community. The paper became the Wolverine Observer in 1935 and initially published monthly under the direction of Professor V. C. Clinch. This monthly publishing goal found itself limited, however, and often the paper only published a few times during active school sessions. By the 1960s, the Observer was a member of the Intercollegiate Press (later the Associated Collegiate Press) and was largely run by the students themselves. The Observer sought to report news of interest to the Morris Brown College community and featured student editorials throughout its pages. Publication of the paper ceased during the 2000-2001 school year.