Southern voice. (Atlanta, Georgia) 1988-20??
Place of Publication:
- Atlanta, Fulton county
Dates of publication:
- Began with vol. 1, no. 1 (March 1, 1988).
- AIDS (Disease)--Social aspects--Georgia--Atlanta--Periodicals.
- Atlanta (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Fulton County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Gay men--Georgia--Atlanta--Periodicals.
- Volume and issue numbering dropped in 2007.
Southern voice. March 1, 1988
Southern Voice newspaper, also known as SOVO, was an alternative news source for lesbians and gay men in the greater Atlanta area and Southeast for over 20 years. It was a significant resource for the LGBT community in the Southeast from 1988 to 2010, providing in-depth information on topics such as the fight against AIDS, marriage equality, legal issues, workplace discrimination, and violence against gay individuals. Founded in 1988 with a bi-weekly circulation, it became a weekly publication in 1992, and remained so until its closure in 2010.