The Macon daily confederate. (Macon, Ga.) 1863-1864
Place of Publication:
- Macon, Bibb county
Dates of publication:
- Began Feb. 9, 1863; ceased Sept. 19, 1864.
- Bibb County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Bibb County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01207988
- Macon (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Crandall: 5207.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 123 (July 20, 1863).
- Merged with: Macon daily telegraph (Macon, Ga. : 1860), to form: Macon daily telegraph and confederate (Macon, Ga. : 1864).
- Numbering is irregular.
The Macon daily confederate. June 14, 1864
Dr. L. F. W. Andrews, former editor and proprietor of the Georgia Citizen, published the first issue of The Daily Confederate on February 9, 1863, in Macon, Georgia. Andrews managed the newspaper until February 1864, when he sold out to H. L. Flash, a Southern poet and lawyer living in Macon. Flash slightly altered the paper’s masthead to the Macon Daily Confederate and maintained that title until he purchased the Macon Daily Telegraph in September 1864. After purchasing the Telegraph, Flash merged the titles into the Macon Daily Telegraph and Confederate.