The Daily tribune. (Rome, Ga.) 1879-1???
Place of Publication:
- Rome, Floyd county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1879.
- Floyd County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Floyd County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01213151
- Rome (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Description based on: Vol. 3, no. 193 (Feb. 3, 1880).
- Editors: Frank J. Cohen; T.E. Hanbury.
- Latest issue consulted: Vol. 5, no. 31 (July, 13, 1880).
- Vol. 5, no. 29 misnumbered as vol. 5, no. 59.
The Daily tribune. July 10, 1880
Frank J. Cohen began publishing the Daily Tribune in Rome, Georgia in the late 1870s. The paper consolidated with the Dalton Enterprise in October 1879. At that point, Cohen and Enterprise publisher T. E. Hanbury served as co-editors of the paper. In addition to the daily edition, the Weekly Tribune also circulated on Thursdays. The Tribune competed for subscribers in Rome with the longstanding Daily Courier. By 1884, the Tribune ceased publication under publisher R. R. Harris. The paper appears to be unrelated to the Rome Tribune that circulated later in the decade.