The Examiner. volume (Covington, Ga.) 1865-1870
Place of Publication:
- Covington, Newton county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1865; ceased in 1870?
- Available on microfilm from the State Historical Society of Wisconsin.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 22 (May 2, 1866).
- "Devoted to news, literature, agriculture and the family circle."
The Examiner. volume May 2, 1866
W. A. Harp founded the Examiner in 1865 in Covington, Georgia. The Democratic paper published weekly at a subscription cost of two dollars and had a circulation of about 450. In 1871, Harp moved the Examiner to Conyers, Georgia. In 1874, the Examiner was bought out by a newly organized stock company, and the paper became the Rockdale Register.