American Whig. (Griffin, Ga.) 1846-18??
Place of Publication:
- Griffin, Spalding county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1846.
- Georgia--Spalding County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01217181
- Griffin (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Spalding County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 2, no. 17 (Mar. 5, 1847).
American Whig. May 25, 1848
A.G. Murray established the American Whig in 1845 as an oppositional paper to Griffin’s Democratic Jeffersonian. The paper became the American Union in 1851 due to the decline of the Whig party. The Union editorialized against secession and ceased publication in early 1860s under the financial burden of the war.