The Cuthbert appeal. (Cuthbert, Ga.) 1866-1884
Place of Publication:
- Cuthbert, Randolph county
Dates of publication:
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (Oct. 26, 1866)-v. 18, no. 28 (July 25, 1884).
- Cuthbert (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Randolph County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01217183
- Randolph County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Democratic. Cf. Rowell, 1869.
- Merged with: Cuthbert enterprise, to form: Cuthbert enterprise and appeal.
The Cuthbert appeal. October 26, 1866
Elam Christian and James P. Sawtell established the Cuthbert Appeal, the city of Cuthbert's first newspaper, on October 26, 1866. Among its staff members at the time was Andrew College President A. L. Hamilton. W. H. Cooper and J. W. Stanford began publishing the Cuthbert Enterprise as a competing publication in 1881 and eventually merged the Cuthbert Appeal with their own publication in the summer of 1884 to form the Cuthbert Enterprise and Appeal. The newspaper finally merged with the Liberal in 1890 to form the Liberal-Enterprise, which ran into the mid-twentieth century.