North Georgia citizen. (Dalton, Ga.) 1868-1924
Place of Publication:
- Dalton, Whitfield county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1868.
- -v. 77, no. 15 (Jan. 17, 1924).
- Dalton (Whitfield County, Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Dalton (Whitfield County)--fast--(OCoLC)fst01729450
- Georgia--Whitfield County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01214632
- Whitfield County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- "Democratic," <1876>.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 24 (June 18, 1868).
- Published as Whitfield County avalanche in Nov. and Dec. 1896.
- Suspended publication between <Sept. 29, 1893> and Oct. 4, 1894.
North Georgia citizen. June 18, 1868
The North Georgia Citizen began circulation in Dalton, Georgia in 1847, the same year the city was incorporated. The newspaper’s title was temporarily changed to Whitfield County Hurricane between November and December 1896, before returning to its previous masthead. The publisher eventually renamed the newspaper the Dalton Citizen in 1924. Presently, the newspaper is published as the Daily Citizen.