The Georgia clipper. (Warrenton, Ga.) 1860-1875
Place of Publication:
- Warrenton, Warren county
Dates of publication:
- Began in Mar. 1860.
- Ceased with June 10, 1875 issue?
- Georgia--Warren County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01216214
- Warren County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 2 (Mar. 15, 1860).
The Georgia clipper. March 15, 1860
William H. Royal published the inaugural issue of the Georgia Clipper on March 8, 1860, in Warrenton, Georgia. This predecessor to the Warrenton Clipper featured local news and advertisements along with some national reporting from other publications. Although few 1860 issues of the Clipper exist, the publication published issues into the 1870s. The paper became the Warrenton Clipper in 1875 under H. W. J. Ham and continues today as Warrenton’s legal organ.