The Louisville gazette. (Louisville, Ga.) 1860-1861
Place of Publication:
- Louisville, Jefferson county
Dates of publication:
- Began with Feb. 1, 1860 issue; ceased in 1861?
- Georgia--Jefferson County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01218098
- Jefferson County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Louisville (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 8 (Mar. 22, 1860).
- Editors: T.N. Polhill, 1860; Polhill & Burdell, <1860>.
- Publishers: T.N. Polhill, 1860; Polhill & Burdell, <1860>; Diehl & Robbins, <1861>.
The Louisville gazette. February 6, 1861
Thomas N. Polhill published the first issue of the Louisville Gazette on February 1, 1860 in Louisville, Georgia. The weekly newspaper cost two dollars in advance and three dollars at the end of the year. Polhill, also a practicing attorney in Louisville, supported the principles of the Democratic Party. The Louisville Gazette suspended operations in November 1861 after Polhill left to serve as an officer in the Confederate Army.