The Paulding new era. (Dallas, Ga.) 1882-189?
The Paulding new era.
Place of Publication:
- Dallas, Paulding county
Breckinridge & Freeman
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1882.
- Dallas (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Paulding County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01217866
- Paulding County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 9 (Feb. 1, 1883).
The Paulding new era. February 1, 1883
In 1882, William Breckenridge began publishing the Paulding New Era in Dallas, Georgia, the same year the first railroad ran through the city. It was the most successful newspaper in Paulding County until the early 1890s, when it faced competition from the Populist Party-alligned Dallas Herald. The New Era emerged victorious, however, as the Herald eventually ceased publication due to the decline of the Populist movement. The paper was retitled the New Era for a short time before becoming the Dallas New Era in 1898 and has retained that title into the present. It remains the oldest business in Dallas.