American advocate. (Louisville, Ga.) 1816-????
Place of Publication:
- Louisville, Jefferson county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1816?
- Georgia--Jefferson County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01218098
- Jefferson County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Louisville (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 2 (Feb. 22, 1816).
American advocate. February 22, 1816
George W. Wheeler and James Clarke founded the American Advocate in 1815 as a weekly newspaper. Published every Thursday, readers of the paper could expect to find congressional news, local announcements, and international news. Many of the columns featured news articles pulled from larger national newspapers. The paper ceased publication in the late 1810s.