The Daily times-enterprise. (Thomasville, Ga.) 1889-1925
Place of Publication:
- Thomasville, Thomas county
Dates of publication:
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (May 14, 1889)-v. 35, no. 274 (Jan. 1, 1925).
- Georgia--Thomas County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01206849
- Thomas County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Wooster, Ohio : Micro Photo Division, Bell and Howell.
- Formed by the union of: Thomasville times (Thomasville, Ga. : Daily), and: Southern enterprise (Thomasville, Ga. : Daily).
The Daily times-enterprise. April 3, 1890
Civil War veteran John Triplett established the Thomasville Times with partner John R. Christian as a Democratic weekly newspaper in 1873. After a year of publication, Triplett bought out Christian's share and ran the Times under his sole ownership. The popularity of the paper led to its expansion into a daily edition in 1888. The following year, Triplett purchased the competing Southern Enterprise and combined the two papers under the Daily Times-Enterprise title. He remained as editor of the paper for thirty years, before selling the publication in early 1903. E. R. Jerger took over ownership in 1907 and continued his involvement with the paper until his death in 1960. Lee E. Kelly, Sr., whose work with the publication began as a paperboy in the early twentieth century, took over controlling ownership of the Times-Enterprise in the 1950s and later passed ownership on to his sons. The paper was eventually sold to Community Newspaper Holdings.