The Search light. (Bainbridge, Ga.) 18??-1903
Place of Publication:
- Bainbridge, Decatur county
Dates of publication:
- -v. 7, no. 47 (Sept. 18, 1903).
- Bainbridge (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Decatur County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Decatur County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01208948
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 5, no. 28 (Feb. 9, 1901).
The Search light. February 9, 1901
E.H. (Pat) Griffin founded the Bainbridge Post in 1907. He purchased the Bainbridge Search Light, established by Russell Brinson in 1898, in 1915 and consolidated the two competing papers. The Post-Search Light reported itself as democratic with a circulation of 3,016 the year following consolidation. In 1933, Marvin Griffin took over publication of the paper from his father and ran the paper while serving in the Georgia General Assembly. Griffin was elected Governor of Georgia in 1954. After leaving the office in 1959, he resumed his tenure as publisher of the Post-Search Light. His son, Sam Griffin, became publisher of the newspaper in 1972 and remained in the position until he sold the publication to Bainbridge Media, LLC in 2008. The semi-weekly Post-Searchlight continues to provide news to southwest Georgia today.