The Cochran journal. (Cochran, Bleckley County, Ga.) 19??-current
Place of Publication:
- Cochran, Bleckley county
Dates of publication:
- Bleckley County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Cochran (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Bleckley County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01215083
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 21, no. 49 (July 25, 1929).
The Cochran journal. April 14, 1910
The Cochran Journal began weekly publication in Cochran, Georgia in 1907. The newspaper circulated on Thursdays at a subscription cost of one dollar and politically supported the Democratic Party. Much of the paper’s early history is missing, but Royal A. McRae was editor and publisher by 1909. In 1910, T. L. Bailey replaced McRae at the editorial helm, and the paper was published by the newly-formed Cochran Publishing Company. Ross E. Hammack joined the Journal as foreman of the mechanical department in December 1912, and Bailey and Hammack managed the paper together well into the 1920s. The Cochran Journal continues to publish today as Bleckley County’s legal organ.