The morning call. (Griffin, Ga.) 18??-1899
Place of Publication:
- Griffin, Spalding county
Dates of publication:
- -v. 10, no. 172 (Mar. 26, 1899).
- Georgia--Spalding County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01217181
- Griffin (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Spalding County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Description based on: Vol. 3 [i.e. 8], no. 101 (Jan. 3, 1897).
The morning call. January 1, 1898
J. P. and S. B. Sawtell began publishing the daily Morning Call in Griffin, Georgia in September 1889. An eight-page weekly edition of the paper titled the Middle Georgia Farmer also circulated on Thursdays. On March 27, 1899, after almost ten years of printing a morning edition, the Democratic Party-aligned paper transitioned to evening publication as the retitled Griffin Evening Call. With that change, J. P. Sawtell retired from the paper and left publication responsibilities to his sons S. B. and J. C. Sawtell. The paper ceased publication in January 1902 due to financial instability.