The Lyons progress. (Lyons, Ga.) 19??-1991
Place of Publication:
- Lyons, Toombs county
Dates of publication:
- -v. 92, no. 26 (June 27, 1991).
- Georgia--Toombs County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01212297
- Lyons (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Toombs County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 7, no. 49 (Jan. 6, 1911).
- Merged with: Advance (Vidalia, Ga.), to form: Advance-progress (Vidalia, Ga.).
The Lyons progress. August 18, 1905
L. W. Moore established the Lyons Progress the late nineteenth or early twentieth century as an independent publication. In 1911, the twelve page paper reported a circulation of 1,076 and cost subscribers one dollar per year. The Progress merged with the Vidalia Advance to become the Advance-Progress in 1991. That same year, the publication became Toombs County's legal organ and the Advance continues to serve Toombs, Montgomery, and Lyons counties today.