The Palladium. (Newnan, Coweta County, Ga.) 1835-18??
Place of Publication:
- Newnan, Coweta county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1835.
- Coweta County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Coweta County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01211861
- Newnan (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 4 (Sept. 19, 1835).
The Palladium. September 26, 1835
Newnan’s earliest newspaper was Samuel Minor’s Coweta Advertiser in 1835. This publication, however, was short-lived. J. Nelson founded a replacement newspaper, whose title is unknown, later that same year. Nelson, in turn, sold his paper to Charles F. Sherborn, who produced the city’s first stable newspaper, the Palladium. The Palladium was circulated weekly until 1837 when Sherborn ceased publication.