The Kingston times. (Kingston, Ga.) 190?-19??
Place of Publication:
- Kingston, Bartow county
Dates of publication:
- Bartow County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Bartow County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01214862
- Kingston (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 2, no. 40 (Feb. 11, 1910).
The Kingston times. February 11, 1910
In May 1908, a small group of residents in Kingston, Georgia organized a publishing company and published the first issue of the Kingston Times. Sam Fackler briefly edited the paper before Kingston business owner W. H. Griffin took over. The Times circulated every Friday at a subscription cost of one dollar per year and in 1908 was the smallest of three newspapers printing in Bartow County. Although the owners never reported a specific political stance, Griffin was a member of the Democratic Party in Bartow. The Times could not compete with larger papers based in Cartersville, Georgia, and was out of print by 1912.