The Weekly news and advertiser. (Albany, Ga.) 1880-1???
Place of Publication:
- Albany, Dougherty county
Dates of publication:
- Began with Sept. 9, 1880 issue.
- Albany (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Dougherty County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Dougherty County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01211867
- Albany news (Albany, Ga. : 1869) and Albany advertiser (Albany, Ga. : 1877) combined to form: Daily news and advertiser (Albany, Ga.), and: Weekly news and advertiser (Albany, Ga.).
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 6 (Oct. 16, 1880).
The Weekly news and advertiser. September 13, 1880
J. F. Cargile and Co. established the Albany Tri-Weekly News in the Albany Patriot’s absence in 1866. C. W. Styles became publisher 1867 and changed the masthead to the Albany News. The paper merged with the upstart Albany Advertiser in 1880 to form the Albany News and Advertiser, which continued publication into the early 1890s. In its final year of publication, the daily News and Advertiser cost four dollars yearly and the Saturday edition cost one dollar annually; the publishers self-reported a circulation of over 3,000 and identified the paper as Democratic.