Douglas County sentinel. (Douglasville, Douglas County, Ga.) 190?-current
Place of Publication:
- Douglasville, Douglas county
Dates of publication:
- Douglas County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Douglas County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01212002
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 12, no. 39 (Jan. 5, 1917).
Douglas County sentinel. January 5, 1917
In April 1905, T. R. Whitley, L. C. Upshaw, and J. A. Pittman established the Douglas County Sentinel and began publishing the title in Douglasville the following month. The Sentinel had an auspicious beginning as an eight page weekly paper with immediate legal organ status. During its run, the paper changed its name only once when it was published for a month in 1922 as the West Georgia Sentinel, before reverting to its original name. The Douglas County Sentinel continues publication today and remains the largest paper in Douglas County.