The daily telegraph. (Savannah, Ga.) 1840-1840
Place of Publication:
- Savannah, Chatham county
Dates of publication:
- Began with Jan. 15, 1840 issue; ceased in 1840.
- Chatham County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Chatham County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01207617
- Savannah (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 109 (May 20, 1840).
The daily telegraph. May 20, 1840
C. Macardell first published the Daily Telegraph on January 15, 1840. Macardell, a Democrat, ran ads in support of Martin Van Buren and John Forsyth for president and vice president respectively. True to its masthead, the paper was a daily publication striving to cover local, national, and foreign news. The newspaper was unable to sustain itself and ceased publication the same year as its founding.