Free press. (Savannah, Ga.) 1876-18??
Place of Publication:
- Savannah, Chatham county
Dates of publication:
- Began with Mar. 1876.
- Chatham County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Chatham County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01207617
- Savannah (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 2 (Mar. 15, 1876).
Free press. March 15, 1876
The Free Press was a short-lived daily newspaper published in Savannah, Georgia by the Daily Press Publishing Company. The paper’s first issue printed in February 1876 with R. M. Orme, formerly of the Milledgeville Southern Recorder, as its editor. Despite being advertised as a daily, the paper published irregularly in February and restarted its enumeration in March. The Free Press could not compete with the Savannah Morning News and ceased publication later in 1876.