The organ. (Hamilton, Ga.) 1852-18??
Place of Publication:
- Hamilton, Harris county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1852?
- Georgia--Harris County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01204841
- Hamilton (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Harris County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 2, no. 52 (Feb. 15, 1854).
The organ. February 15, 1854
B. F. White, noted author of the Sacred Harp Song Book, began the Organ newspaper in January 1852. White tried to keep the paper politically neutral and reported on a wide array of subjects including art, science, education, morality, and music. White’s background in music could be found in the pages of the Organ as many of the editorials discussed music and printed songs. The paper ceased publication in the mid to late 1850s.