The Daily bulletin. (La Grange, Ga.) 1862-18??
Place of Publication:
- LaGrange, Troup county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1862?
- Georgia--Troup County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01215298
- LaGrange (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Troup County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 2, no. 370 (Mar. 28, 1864).
The Daily bulletin. March 29, 1864
William J. Slatter’s Daily Bulletin had a fate similar to other Civil War-era refugee papers in Georgia. Slatter published his newspaper as the Winchester Daily Bulletin, which began as the Winchester Appeal in 1856, in Winchester, Tennessee until November 1863. As fighting drew closer to Eastern Tennessee, Slatter fled with his printing materials to Newnan, Georgia. By the spring of 1864, W. J. Slatter and S. A. Candly were publishing the Daily Bulletin in LaGrange, Georgia, but the newspaper’s tenure there was short-lived. By 1866, Slatter was back in Winchester publishing the Home Journal.