Atlanta weekly herald. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1872-1876
Place of Publication:
- Atlanta, Fulton county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1872; ceased in 1876?
- Atlanta (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Fulton County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Fulton County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01211153
- Description based on: Vol. 2, no. 15 (Dec. 3, 1873).
Atlanta weekly herald. December 3, 1873
Alexander St. Clair-Abrams, in an attempt to compete for influence with the Constitution, established the Daily Herald in 1872. That same year, Henry W. Grady became a partial owner of the paper and after Abrams left the paper in 1873, Grady became the editor. It was in the Daily Herald that Grady began his celebrated crusade for an industrialized "New South". Despite the attention Grady received for his writings, the Herald was acquired and shut down by the Atlanta Constitution in February of 1876.