The Empire State. (Griffin, Ga.) 1855-18??
Place of Publication:
- Griffin, Spalding county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1855.
- Georgia--Spalding County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01217181
- Griffin (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Spalding County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 37 (Jan. 16, 1856).
The Empire State. January 16, 1856
A.A. Gaulding founded the Empire State as a Democratic paper in the mid-1850s. By 1860, the Empire State was one of four newspapers being printed in Griffin. Following a similar fate as other Griffin newspapers of the time, the Empire State did not survive the Civil War.