The Monroe advocate. (Monroe, Ga.) 1871-187?
Place of Publication:
- Monroe, Walton county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1871.
- Georgia--Walton County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01213895
- Monroe (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Walton County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 14 (June 15, 1871).
The Monroe advocate. June 15, 1871
Brother LaFayette and Joel C. Harper published the first issue of the Monroe Advocate on March 16, 1871, in Monroe, Georgia. The brothers employed T. H. S. Brobston to work as editor, but Brobston retired from the editorial helm in early June 1871. W. T. Kimbro and John W. Arnold joined the Advocate as editors a couple weeks later. The Advocate was short-lived and ceased publication before the end of 1871.