Savannah evening star. ([Savannah, Ga.]) 1872-18??
Place of Publication:
- Savannah, Chatham county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1872?
- Chatham County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Chatham County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01207617
- Savannah (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 82 (Jan. 22, 1873).
Savannah evening star. January 22, 1873
William M. Sneed established the Savannah Evening Star as a daily newspaper in 1872 Savannah, Georgia. The small paper largely served as an advertising sheet, as it featured three columns to a page with the majority of the columns consisting of advertisements. The Evening Star was short-lived and ceased publication in the early 1870s.