Digital Library of Georgia Logo
GALILEO Logo

Houston daily journal. (Perry, GA) 2006-current

 

Title:

Houston daily journal.

Place of Publication:

Perry, GA

Geographic coverage:

  • Perry, Houston county

Publisher:

None

Dates of publication:

2006-current

Description:

  • Began with: Volume 136, no. 133 (July 8, 2006); ceased with: Volume 137, number 172 (September 1/3, 2007).

Frequency:

Tuesday through Saturday

Languages:

  • English

Subjects:

  • Centerville (Ga.)--Newspapers.
  • Georgia--Centerville.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01214690
  • Georgia--Houston County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01217555
  • Georgia--Perry.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01217553
  • Georgia--Warner Robins.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01214692
  • Houston County (Ga.)--Periodicals.
  • Perry (Ga.)--Newspapers.
  • Warner Robins (Ga.)--Newspapers.

Notes:

  • Description based primarily on print version record.
  • Latest issue consulted: Reproduction of original print version of volume 137, number 172 (September 1/3, 2007).
  • "Legal organ for Houston County, city of Perry, city of Warner Robins and city of Centerville"--volume 136, no. 133 (July 8, 2006) masthead.
  • Microfilm.
  • Not published on Thanksgiving or Christmas.

LCCN:

2020233201

OCLC:

1137726677

Houston daily journal. July 8, 2006

About

John T. Waterman founded the Houston Home Journal in Perry in December 1870. The paper strongly aligned with the Democratic Party during Reconstruction and notably opposed Tom Watson's Populist Party. Beginning in 1877, the publication's title shifted several times between Houston Home Journal and Home Journal, before finally settling on the former in 1924. Perry-native John H. Hodges purchased the paper in 1880. The Hodges family maintained ownership of the publication for over sixty years, before selling it in 1946. In 1994, the Perry Times merged with the Houston Home Journal in 1994 to form the Houston Times-Journal, before reverting back to its original name in 1999. The Houston Home Journal remains the legal organ for Houston County and continues publication as the county's oldest continually-operated business.