Standard of union and free trade advocate. (Sparta, Ga.) 1833-183?
Place of Publication:
- Milledgeville, Baldwin county
- Sparta, Hancock county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1833?
- Baldwin County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Baldwin County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01212301
- Georgia--Hancock County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01212360
- Hancock County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Milledgeville (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Sparta (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 17 (May 4, 1833).
- Published in Milledgeville, Ga. <Apr. 26, 1834>.
Standard of union and free trade advocate. April 26, 1834
The Standard Union and Free Trade Advocate first began publication in Sparta, Georgia in 1833. During its time in Sparta, the weekly newspaper was edited and published by P. L. Robinson, but Thomas Haynes took over those duties when the paper moved to Milledgeville in 1834. Under Haynes’ direction, the masthead became the Standard of Union and remained as such until the paper ceased publication in the mid-1830s.