Muscogee democrat, and Mercantile advertiser. (Columbus, Ga.) 1844-1849
Muscogee democrat, and Mercantile advertiser.
Place of Publication:
- Columbus, Muscogee county
Andrews & Griswold
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1844? Ceased in 1849.
- Columbus (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Muscogee County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01216552
- Muscogee County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 3, no. 13 (Apr. 1, 1847).
Muscogee democrat, and Mercantile advertiser. March 18, 1847
The Muscogee Democrat, and Mercantile Advertiser was established by Andrews and Griswold in Columbus in 1844. The paper published under that masthead until 1849 when the owners shortened title to Muscogee Democrat. The newspaper printed for only a year longer before becoming the Southern Sentinel in 1850.