Muscogee democrat. (Columbus, Ga.) 184?-18??
Place of Publication:
- Columbus, Muscogee county
Dates of publication:
- Columbus (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Muscogee County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01216552
- Muscogee County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 5, no. 20 (May 17, 1849).
Muscogee democrat. May 17, 1849
The Muscogee Democrat, and Mercantile Advertiser was established by Andrews and Griswold in Columbus in 1844. The paper published under that masthead until 1849 when the owners shortened title to Muscogee Democrat. The newspaper printed for only a year longer before becoming the Southern Sentinel in 1850.