The central Georgian. (Sandersville, Ga.) 1847-1874
Place of Publication:
- Sandersville, Washington county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1847; ceased Feb. 2, 1874.
- Georgia--Washington County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01217123
- Sandersville (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Washington County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 6, no. 1 (Jan. 27, 1852).
- Printer: Samuel B. Crafton, <1852>.
- Published as: Central Georgian and Sandersville and Sparta advertiser, Jan. 4, 1855-Mar. 22, 1855 and Georgian and press, May 10-July 26, 1855.
- Publishers: S.B. Crafton, <1852>; Thomas Evans, <1873>.
- Suspended Mar. 29, 1855; resumed May 3, 1855.
The central Georgian. January 27, 1852
Founded in the mid-1840s, the Central Georgian was one of Sandersville's earliest newspapers. The newspaper was published by S. B. Crafton every Tuesday morning. The advance subscription cost per year was $1.50 and payments after subscription were $2.00. The Central Georgian would eventually come to be a part of the Sandersville Herald which would cease publication in 1909.