The Sandersville herald. (Sandersville, Ga.) 1872-1909
Place of Publication:
- Sandersville, Washington county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1872; ceased in 1909.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 21 (Nov. 22, 1872).
- Merged with: Tennille tribune, to form: Herald-tribune (Sandersville, Ga.).
- Numbering irregular.
- Publishers: Medlock, Arline & Rodgers, <1873>; J.M.G. Medlock & James D. Anthony, <1876>.
The Sandersville herald. November 22, 1872
Beginning as the Sandersville Herald & Georgian in 1841, the publication's masthead would become the Sandersville Herald in 1872 and sold for 2 dollar subscriptions. The publishers of the Herald in 1873 were Medlock, Arline, and Rodgers but, by 1876, the owners and publishers were J. M. G Medlock and James D. Anthony. The paper favored the Democratic party and published on Thursdays until its absorption by the similarly Democratic Sandersville Progress in 1909.